The College Council has set four goals that identify Council’s expectations for the work done by the College:
- The public receives safe and effective medical care from competent physicians.
- The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta is a trusted contributor to public policy affecting health care.
- The College is an essential partner in a patient-centred health care system.
- The College is a trusted resource to Albertans (public and others) when they have questions or concerns about medical practice.
How we plan to achieve our goals:
- Ensure that physicians are competent throughout their careers.
- Contribute to a high-level health system view and to leadership in designing and implementing new models of care.
- Ensure there is a deep and mutual understanding among all the players in health care of the CPSA’s role and capacity.
- Participate with partner organizations in using evidence to bring about a culture change.
- Maintain a healthy organization and effective processes to support our legislated mandate and the other strategies identified.
For details, see our Strategic Plan.