Under the Health Professions Act, the College is required to conduct formal consultations prior to making changes to its:
Consultations are generally conducted semi-annually (see Consultation Periods, below). The information collected is considered by Council prior to approving new or revised publications, and is valued as an important tool in striking the right balance between serving patient needs and setting reasonable expectations for physician practice.
Who We Consult
The College is required to consult with its regulated members (Alberta physicians) and with the provincial Minister of Health. Input is also sought from:
- University of Alberta and University of Calgary medical faculties;
- Alberta Health Services;
- Alberta Medical Association;
- other Alberta regulated health professions;
- Canadian medical regulatory authorities in other provinces and territories;
- Canadian Medical Protective Association; and
- other organizations, as appropriate.
Semi Annual Consultation Periods
Spring Consultation: March 15 to May 15
Fall Consultation: September 15 to November 15
Kelly Eby, Director of Communications & Government Relations
780-969-4973 or 1-800-561-3899 ext. 4973 (in Alberta) email@example.com